Don't forget to hit share at the bottom of the page
Ladies, have you ever felt like your lips could use a little TLC? If so, you're in luck! Today, we're sharing a DIY lip scrub recipe that will leave your pout feeling soft and smooth.
Why you should exfoliate your lips?
Dryness and damage to your lips may be caused by a range of environmental factors, such as UV radiation from the sun or extremely cold weather. Other causes could include inadequate care or excessive stress. This is why you should pamper your lips with an exfoliating treatment once or twice a week for optimum cleansing, leaving them soft and supple.
- Lip exfoliation can help to remove dead skin cells from the surface of the lips.
- It can also help to reduce signs of dryness and chapping on lips, leaving them feeling softer and more hydrated.
- It can help to increase blood circulation to the lips, leading to an improved colour and a naturally healthier look.
- Furthermore, removing flaky skin from the lip area helps to ensure that lipstick products and other cosmetics applied afterwards last longer and appear smoother.
Looking for an organic, do-it-yourself lip scrub? Try one of these easy recipes!
With just a few ingredients lying around at home, you can craft your exfoliating concoction.
1. Honey-Sugar Lip Scrub is the easiest of them all
It's as easy as mixing a teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of sugar and massaging it into your lips for 10 minutes before removing it with a wet face washer.
Sugar is an amazing natural exfoliant, while honey works as a perfect moisturizer. If you prefer, you can replace the honey with a liquid oil of your choice like coconut, olive or jojoba oil.
Get creative and experiment with these easy-peasy recipes to get those luscious lips in no time!
2. Lip balm and toothbrush lip scrub
- Pamper your lips with a generous amount of your most beloved lip balm.
- Then, take a toothbrush and softly brush in small circles to gently exfoliate any dull or dead skin cells away!
Not only is this simple process effortless, but it also leaves you feeling refreshed with healthier-looking lips.
Tips for exfoliating your lips:
- Use gentle, circular motions when exfoliating your lips.
Applying too much pressure can damage the delicate skin on your lips and result in irritation.
- Avoid over-exfoliating your lips.
Too much exfoliation can strip away the natural oils that protect and nourish your lips. Stick to only exfoliating once or twice a week.
- Apply lip balm before and after exfoliation to help protect and hydrate your lips.
What are you waiting for?
Now that you know how easy it is to make a lip scrub at home, as well as the many benefits of exfoliating your lips, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give one of these recipes a try. And don’t forget to follow up with a layer of hydrating lip balm.